Silsoe Village Guide
Silsoe is a village and civil parish in Bedfordshire, England. In 1981, a bypass around the village was opened so the village is no longer part of the A6 main road.
Population (Approx): 1,729
Silsoe has many local amenities and services and is a thriving community.
Leisure & Community:
- Star & Garter Silsoe, Country Pub & Restaurant. Located on the high street, alongside the Church – http://www.starandgartersilsoe.co.uk/
- St James’ Church – https://silsoe.3churches.uk/
- Silsoe Community Sports Centre –
A modern facility, including The Fitness Room, a modern gym equipped with Technogym equipment. Other facilities include a Dance Studio, a 2 court Sports Hall and a MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) – https://www.sll.co.uk/silsoe_1/silsoe
- Silsoe Village Hall
- Wrest Park – a country estate located in Silsoe. A Grade I listed country house, Wrest Park Gardens, also Grade I listed, formal gardens. – https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/wrest-park/
Shopping & Food
- Silsoe Newsagents – situated on the high street, providing a wide range of daily essentials.
- Newbury Farm Plants – http://www.newburyfarmplants.co.uk/
Silsoe has the following schools in the village:
- Silsoe PreSchool
- Silsoe Lower School
Links to useful websites:
Silsoe Parish Council: http://www.silsoeparishcouncil.org/
Content provided by M&M Properties is for information purposes only and is intended as a guide only. All information stated is correct at time of publication and subject to change without notice.