Postcode District: MK45
Clophill is a village and civil parish located in the Flit river valley, Bedfordshire, England. It is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Clopelle; meaning tree-stump Hill in old English.
In the 1851 census, there was male population in Clophill of 560; of these, there were 238 agricultural labourers. In the 2011 Census 1,750, the population was 1,738.
St Mary’s old church
The old St Marys Church was built around 1350, and replaced by a new church in the 1840s. The old church gradually fell into ruin, and has recently had restoration work carried out on it.
The new St Mary’s church is located in the High Street in the village. It was built 1848-1849. The current rector is the Rev Dean Henley. In addition to St Mary’s, which is Church of England, there is also the Clophill Methodist Church.
The Flying Horse. The Green.
The Green Man – La Stalla (Restaurant). The Green.
The Stone Jug. Back Street.
Both the Greensand Ridge Walk and the Greensand Cycle Way pass through Clophill.
The village has a youth football club called Clophill United FC. For the 2017/18 season the will have five teams (U12s to 10s) playing in the Chiltern Junior 7s league.
Content provided by M&M Properties is for information purposes only and is intended as a guide only. All information stated is correct at time of publication and subject to change without notice.